Wednesday, March 4, 2009

all I desire in the world, is for you to be quiet.


Sometimes, as a nanny, you have days when you reach the end of your rope at nine-thirty in the morning. I am having one such day today. The girls started out the day with an apparent "screw you" to me, and then proceeded to take turns screaming. All. Day. Now its two hours until I get to leave and run to Target with Lindsay for solace. (In case you didn't know, Target makes everything better.)
I also just found out that I am going to be starting a job search again shortly, which I have mixed feelings about. Trying to find a job is exhausting and mysterious to me. Where do people find jobs? Half of the people I know have their jobs by accident, and the other half have them because they knew someone, who knew someone, who got them the job. I feel I have spent enough time trying to get through mis-labelled craigslist postings that turn out to be for waitresses, adult dancers, and unpaid interns for one lifetime. Somebody start paying me to make stuff for them! I want to work on commission from my secret cabin in the woods that nobody knows about, where no one screams at me all day and then falls over in a fit of baby fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All photos by me unless otherwise noted.